- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia officially asks Ecuador of recognition2009-12-03 11:17
Abkhazia addressed Ecuador with the official request to recognize its independency, announced Maxim Gvinjia, the deputy Foreign Minister of Abkhazia, staying in Equador with a working visit - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He mentioned the official letter, addressed to the President of Ecuador, Rafael Correa, materials about the country's history and conflict with Georgia.
"The Ecuadorian side is currently studying the delivered materials thoroughly and will soon make a statement on the issue", the deputy minister said, but didn't explain when the statement can be expected.
In the course of his visit to Moscow on October 28th - 30th Correa said his country was ready to discuss the recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia in case the request appeared.