- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ukrainian female politicians to present Putin a tie2009-12-03 13:25
In response to Vladimir Putin's joke about Mikheil Saakashvili and his tie, female MPs from L'vov decided to present the Russian PM a tie. They intend to pass it via Evgeniy Guzeyev, the general consul of Russia to L'vov - "Newpaper in L'vovian" [Ukrainian paper].gt-en-newsitem-inside
Emilia Podlyashetskaya, the leader of All-Ukrainian Union of Female Deputies said they do it "to let Putin busy himself with something after the elections of the president of Ukraine".
Together with the tie they'll send their address to Russian President Medvedev, expressing their indignation about PM's words. In their view, some Putin's phrases addressed to leaders of neighbouring countries are disreputable for a Russian politician.
The phrases that caused that response were said by Russian PM in the course of Saakashvili's recent visit to Ukraine. When asked about the aim of that visit, Putin said that Saakashvili can be recollecting the "battles" he and his Ukrainina counterpart Yushchenko "failed", and added they'd better meet without ties.
"the two Presidents [Yushchenko and Saakashvili] better spend supper "without ties". Ties are worthy now...Well, you understand," he said to laughing journalists.
Ukrainian PM Yulia Tymoshenko supported her Russian counterpart's joke. " I definitely will be without ties," she said.
Putin mentioned there was a threat that Ukrainian President's tie can be devoured.