- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian political prisoners go on hunger strike2009-12-04 16:25
Georgian political prisoners declared the beginning of warning hunger strike.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Gela Nikloaishvili, the member of Ex-Political Prisoners for Human Rights NGO, it's dated to the international Day of Human Rights Protection, celebrated on December 10th.
Georgian political prisoners start the hunger strike on December 8th , it'll last to December 10th.
Nikolaishvili said in this way the prisoners intend to express their protest against persecution of people over political motives in Georgia. They demand the authorities to let them meet with CE experts - Interpressnews.
40 inmates are expected to participate. Nikolaishvili cannot rule out human rights organisations joining them in case the demands remain not complied with. According to the data of Georgian opposition, there're 65 political prisoners in the country.