- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Conservative protest against attorney’s arrest2009-12-04 17:14
Attorney Natia Siradze was arrested y Kvemo Kartli Prosecutor's Office on December 3rd over pressure on a witness aimed to change his testimony.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The pro-opposition Conservative party protests and calls on the authorities to stop persecution of citizens over political motives.
According to Kakha Kukava, one of the party leaders, she defended Koba Otanadze, accused of Mukhrovani mutiny organisation.
"Otanadze together with Koba Kobaladze refused to plead guilt and to make a procedural deal, and despite severe tortures didn't give the testimony about the allegedly existing connection between mutinous military and opposition, which the investigation needed," Kukava said.
He added that after Siradze's arrest Otanadze was left without defense.
The Conservative address the international organisations and ask them to watch the case closely.
Opposition members and NGOs intend to consider the case of Siradze and add her to the list of political prisoners the special commission, initiated by the Conservative, had composed.