- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Yerevan and Tbilisi are ready for the EU associate membership2009-12-07 17:00
According to an unnamed European source, Armenia and Georgia are ready to become the EU associate members; besides, the countries have no problems able to impede the process, GHN reports citing to Novosti Armenia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The negotiations must start next year and are unlikely to last long, he said.
The source also mentioned that the issue of associated membership of Azerbaijan can have difficulties, as the country isn't a member of WTO.
But the EU must reach the decision, allowing the three republics become the EU associated members at the same time, he added.
In the view of an unnamed diplomat, the EU associate members enjoy the same rights and privileges as regular members.