- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Shashkin appointed the Minister of Education of Georgia2009-12-08 10:23
Dimitri Shashkin, the ex-Minister for Penitentiary, probation and Legal Assistance became the Minister of Education of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
PM Nika Gilauri introduced the new minister last evening.
He mentioned that Nikoloz Gvaramia, the ex-Minister of Education, several months ago expressed wish to go abroad to study, but remained in his position on PM's request.
Gilauri thnked Gvaramia for the work done, wished him success in further activities and introduced Shashkin.
He characterized him as the best manager with the experience of dialog.
"Shashkin will have to head a quite difficult ministry. I want to say the Ministry of Education is the leading and most important agency for our future," he said.
Shashkin's successor in the position of the Minister for penitentiary remains unknown.