- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Moldova left without President2009-12-08 11:42
The parliament of Moldova failed to confirm candidate Marian Lupu as the President of the country: 53 voted for, with at least 61 necessary - Lenta.ru.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Lupu received votes of the ruling party, but the Communists he used to represent, refused to vote for him.
In accordance with the Constitution of Moldova the parliament will be dissolved, new elections will be held. But as it will be the second dissolution of the parliament over a year, MP will keep their authority to June 2010.
The ruling coalition has no intention to give up. MPs want to change the presidential elections procedure to make majourity of votes enough for candidate's victory.
This spring the Communists' attempt to elect the President failed because of the opposition's boycott. But the parliament of the new convocation split in opinions about the future head of state.