- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bagapsh renounced election campaigning2009-12-08 15:04
Sergey Bagapsh, the President of Abkhazia, said he refuses election campaigning. "If somebody thinks that banners and posters, hanging on every tree, toilets and trash bins, play a significant role in elections, they are deeply mislead," he said - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Bagapsh, he and his team had five years to campaign with their activities. "We did a lot, we increased budget fivefold, increased salaries, pensions, social sphere. We received the republic in 2004, when the budget amounted only 400 mln. Budget 2010 amounts 2 bn."
Bagapsh highlighted that Abkhazia had very good relations with Russia, and the republic managed to achieve the main aim - independency.
Presidential elections in Abkhazia will be held on December 12th.