- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Head of Arbitration Tribunal arrested for taking bribes2009-12-08 18:32
Today the department of the Constituttional Securoty of the MIA of Georgia arrested Ira Kokaia, the chairperson of the Arbitration Tribunal, over the charge of taking bribes. Eka Okroshidze, the department representative, at the special briefing said that she demanded USD 1000 from a citizen for making decision in his favor.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The punishment implies up to 9 years in prison, Okroshidze said. The case is being investigated by the Department of Constitutional Security of the Interior Ministry of Georgia.
"Over the recent time, proceeding from the work of arbitration tribunals, we've very often received information about the employees of these tribunals taking bribes. The Department conducted investigation and in result the chairperson of the tribunal was detained," she noted.