- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mass media: Shashkin to become the new PM2009-12-09 14:05
Dimitri Shashkin, the ex-Minister for Penitentiary, who not so long ago became the Minister of Education, will soon head the Georgian government - Banks and Finance [Tbilisi media]. They add the President has already made that decision.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The appointment must happen within 2 months, and recent Shashkin's shift to the new position was made to let him start from more "respectable" post - the VZGLYAD.
According to the media, Shashkin's appointment will allow Saakashvili to confirm the pro-American course [for years he was working in IRI, monitoring elections] and decline charges of anti-Russian approach [Shashkin is ethnical Russian, finished Russian school in Tbilisi].
The Banks and Finance say the present-day PM, Nikoloz Gilauri, will return to the Minister of Finance position with expanded authority.
The media also say that in present-day Georgia the position of the Minister of Finance has no great significance, as in fact all economic processes are still ruled by Kakha Bendukidze, the former Russian oligarch, the ex-State Minister for Economic Reforms. "Bendukidze makes all decisions, what to sell, what to buy," the newspaper notes.