- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zatlers awarded Saakashvili with the Cross of Acknowledgement2009-12-09 15:12
Presidents of Georgia and Latvia exchanged the highest state awards.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Yesterday Mikheil Saakashvili granted his Latvian counterpart the St. George's cross.
In his turn, Valdis Zatlers, staying in Georgia with a working visit, awarded Mikheil Saakashvili with the Cross of Acknowledgement, the highest award of Latvia.
Zatlers arrived in Georgia on December 7th with a three-day state visit. The first meeting was held in Ajaria, with the chairman of the government of the autonomous republic, Levan Varshalomidze. The main topic was investments in the republic.
Yesterday in Avlabari residence [Tbilisi] Zatlers met with Mikheil Saakashvili behind the closed doors and then gave a joint briefing. He promised not to recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
At the meeting with Speaker David Bakradze the Latvian leader noted that his country, as the EU member, can assist Georgia to get closer to the EU and NATO.
The delegations signed two agreements - on cooperation in border guarding sphere and an agreement on cooperation in IT sphere.
Today Zatlers was received by Ilia II, the Catholicos Patriarch. "I think the visit of the President of Latvia will bring good results for reunification of Georgia," Ilia II said.
The Latvian leader thanked the Patriarch and said that meeting was a great honour for him.