- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Georgia needs approaching the EU as never before2009-12-10 16:27
Mikheil Saakashvili, the Georgian leader, yesterday arrived in Bonn in the ruling party delegation to participate in European People's Part on December 9th - 10th .gt-en-newsitem-inside
As never before Georgia wants and needs approaching the EU, he said in the course of his yesterday's speech.
He reminded that Georgia demanded access to the "occupied territories" of the country, and thanked the EU mission for the work they did, but added that much was left to be done to intensify efforts to implement the cease-fire agreement.
Saakashvili stated that "ethnic cleansing of Georgians," their mass eviction, kidnapping people, including teenagers, took place in South Ossetia.
He added that the government was still building a democratic state.
In this respect he turned attention of the EPP on the continuing reforms in field of democracy reinforcement and economic sphere.
The EPP sitting is attended by European leaders of right-conservative alignment, and leaders of the countries with conservatives as a ruling party or in opposition.
Among them: Chancellor of Germany, PM of France, heads of governments of the Netherlands, Belgium, Romania, Italy e.t.c.
A number of the EU representatives are also present.
Following the tradition, not only country leaders, but also leaders of the EU non-member states, orientated at the approaching it, also attend the session.
The main emphasis will be put on overcoming the global financial crisis and fate of social market economy, and also on EPP new leadership elections.