- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bagapsh hopes to win in the 1st tour of presidential election2009-12-10 17:45
Sergey Bagapsh, the present-day leader of Abkhazia, hopes for the victory in the 1st tour of presidential election to be held on December 12th.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"As any other presidential candidate, I count on victory in the 1st tour of polling, but the election will show everything and sort things out," he said in his interview to Interfax.
He also mentioned the current campaign is going on in more calmly and organized manner than the previous one.
At the same time he noticed flaws, like black PR.
Bagapsh again noticed the main priority in foreign relations will be relations with Russia. "Russia is our main partner, our friend that made a lot for the republic," he said. "Our relations with Russia will only develop and deepen in both political and economical aspect," Bagapsh added.
According to the presidential candidate, he intends to develop tourist sphere. "It's necessary to put in order at Abkhaz-Russian border at Psou river. And our service leaves much to be desired," Bagapsh mentioned.
He informed that this year Abkhazia was visited by over 1 mln tourists and vacationers, which makes a source of budget income and employment.