- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
174 polling stations opened in Abkhazia2009-12-12 14:31
This morning 174 stations to serve the presidential elections in Abkhazia were opened; 2 of them in Moscow and Cherkessk - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The presidential candidates are: Vitaliy Bganba [no party]; Beslan Butba [pro-opposition party of Economic Development], Raul Khajimba [ex Vice-President], Sergey Bagapsh [acting President], and Zaur Ardzinba [head of Abkhazain Sea Steamship Line].
83 monitors from abroad are working.
The Interior Minister Otar Khetsia previously mentioned that in the afternoon of December 11th all the polling stations must be guarded, on December 12th several policemen must be present at every polling station.
He added that 26 patrol cars will interact with all the stations; and over 700 Interior Ministry employees would be working.
"People must go to the elections as to celebration. And they must feel that celebration," the Minister concluded.