- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Election in Abkhazia admitted valid2009-12-12 19:16
Batal Tabagua, the chairman of the Central Electoral Commission said the presidential election can be called valid, as 58 per cent of resident polled, and the necessary limit exceeded.gt-en-newsitem-inside
40 per cent limit was reached at 3 p.m. In Moscow voted the well-known poet and writer Fazil Iskander.
In the morning 174 polling stations were opened, 2 of them in Moscow and Cherkessk.
The presidential candidates are: Vitaliy Bganba [no party]; Beslan Butba [pro-opposition party of Economic Development], Raul Khajimba [ex Vice-President], Sergey Bagapsh [acting President], and Zaur Ardzinba [head of Abkhazain Sea Steamship Line].
Kerry McLean,the U.S. monitor, the National Lawyers Guild representative, said that after visiting two polling stations in Moscow she detected no violations.
She added that if the presidential elections in Abkhazia receive positive reviews of international monitors, the status of the republic will improve significantly, and position of Abkhazia in the eyes of the West will rise.