- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Foreign monitors called election in Abkhazia legitimate2009-12-14 10:36
The mission of foreign monitors called the presidential election in Abkhazia meeting the international democratic standards.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The mission admitted the election was legitimate. It's confirmed by the statement signed by 16 monitors, including representatives from the USA, Germany and France.
The mission of foreign monitors stated the election was held in accordance with norms of acting local electoral norms and meeting the international democratic standards in conditions of fair political competition.
It also claims the mission will inform global community about its work and results of eection - RIA Novosti.
Monitors from Russian and CIS NGOs called the presidential election open and meeting the international electoral standards.
According to tentative data of the central Electoral Commission, Sergey Bagapsh won with 59.4 per cent of votes. Final results will be presented within 2 days.