- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Over 530 cases of swine flu confirmed in Georgia2009-12-14 16:29
The situation with swine flu spread in Georgia is getting more and more acute. After the statement of the Minister of Healthcare Kvitashvili [now any respiratory viral infection can be judged a manifestation of swine flu] the number of calls to emergency and people turning to hospitals increased dramatically.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Over 100 people turned to Jashvili children's hospital. Doctors diagnosed swine flu with most patients, but couldn't take everyone to hospital, as it was overcrowded.
Now the in-patient department hosts about 60 patients.
The similar situation in Tbilisi infectious diseases hospital. Emergency brigades tell the patients the hospitals are overcrowded render first aid and advise to continue treatment at home.
Swine flu virus officially confirmed in 533 cases, but according to unofficial data, there're 5-6 times as many diseased. According to official statistics, one person died of swine flu - 27-year old man from Batumi, who developed a bilateral pneumonia. Three patients remain in severe condition.
Attendance in schools and kindergartens dropped. Many parents who learnt of the first death, didn't let their children out.
The Ministry of Healthcare hasn't already declared an epidemic, as the morbidity hasn't already reached the necessary indexes.