- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU considers election in Abkhazia illegitimate2009-12-14 18:36
Sweden, the EU chair country, spread the statement claiming the EU sees the elecrtions in Abkhazia as illegitimate and doesn't recognmise its results.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The European Union does not recognise the constitutional and legal framework within which these elections have taken place," the EU presidency said in a statement on behalf of all 27 member states - EUbusiness.
Previously Georgia Times reported that the mission of foreign monitors called the presidential election in Abkhazia meeting the international democratic standards.
The mission admitted the election was legitimate. It's confirmed by the statement signed by 16 monitors, including representatives from the USA, Germany and France.
The mission of foreign monitors stated the election was held in accordance with norms of acting local electoral norms and meeting the international democratic standards in conditions of fair political competition.