- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA doesn’t recognize election in Abkhazia2009-12-15 10:53
The USA doesn't recognize the presidential election in Abkhazia as legitimate, the statement of Ian Kelly, spokesman for the U.S. Department of State - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The United States regrets the decision to hold "elections" in the Abkhazia region of Georgia on December 12 and recognizes neither the legality nor the results," the statement said.
"The United States reiterates its support for Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders," Kelly added.
Last Saturday the presidential election was held in Abkhazia. According to final results of the Central Electoral Commission, the winner is Sergey Bagapsh: 61.61 per cent in the first round.
The inauguration ceremony must be held on February 12th 2010.