- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Nauru recognized Abkhazia2009-12-15 12:02
The Republic of Nauru recognized independency of Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today the Foreign Ministers of both signed the agreement on establishment of diplomatic relations. The ceremony was held in the administration of the President of Abkhazia - RIA Novosti.
The Foreign Minister of Nauru Kirene Keke expressed hope that decision will favor establishment of peace and stability in the world. He also hopes that other countries will follow the example and also recognize Abkhazia.
Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia, in his turn explained that establishment of diplomatic relations means recognition of the state's independency.
"There are different forms of recognition; the most widespread is establishment of diplomatic relations. Sometimes it's done in a different way, when a statement on mutual recognition is made. That is why today's act means bilateral recognition of our states," Shamba said.
Previously independence of Abkhazia and South Ossetia was recognized by Russia, Nicaragua and Venezuela.