- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi called on the global community to increase pressure on Russia2009-12-16 12:54
Yesterday the Parliament of Georgia unanimously adopted the statement calling on the global community to increase diplomatic pressure on Russia "to suppress its destructive actions in the territory of a sovereign country."gt-en-newsitem-inside
The official Tbilisi expressed anxiety over "more frequent illegal actions from the side of the Russian Federation" - Novosti-Gruzia.
The parliament urged legislative bodies of friendly countries to continue policy of non-recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia and ‘increase pressure on the Russian federation to implement cease-fire agreement, including access of the EU Monitoring Mission to the conflict areas".
"The Russian Federation tries to deepen annexation of occupied territories of Georgia, legalize the world-recognized ethnical cleaning, conducted in August 2008 in the territory of Georgia...and increase propagandistic, military and political pressure on Georgia, similar to the period before the aggression of 2008...The new conflict escalation with constant provocations on the backdrop threatens not only Georgia, but the security of Europe," statement says.