- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Agriculture service employees detained for fraud2009-12-16 17:58
The head of Service for Protection and Regulation of Agricultural Production Quality, Tengiz Fonia, and specialist of the same service, Georgi Skhulumia, were arrested for fraud.gt-en-newsitem-inside
They extorted money from salesmen of agricultural market and threatened to remove their counters in case of non-payments.
Officials managed to obtain GEL 19 000 [appr USD 11 400]. The Samegerlo-Zemo Prosecutor's Office [Svaneti region] have the video tape recording extortion.
Punishment for the crime is from 6 to 9 years in prison.