- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lithuanian President called the reason of recalling the ambassador2009-12-17 19:01
The ambassador of Lithuania to Georgia, Mecys Laurinkus, was recalled for "politicking", said Dalia Grybauskaite, the President of Lithuania.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She added diplomats must work professionally but not do politicking.
At the press conference after the meeting of Baltic countries' leaders she explained she had doubted for a month.
The parliament must decide upon the ambassador's recalling today, soon the issue will be discussed by the government.
Grybauskaite mentioned she's planning no recalling of other ambassadors, but promised to inform the public in case, in her view, this or that diplomat is working outside diplomatic rules.
The order to recall the ambassador within 24 hours appeared on Tuesday, loss of trust was called the reason.
On Tuesday Povilas Malakauskas, the security department director, who succeeded Laurinkus at the post, submitted resignation. Laurinkus headed the security dept to summer 2007.
It cannot be ruled out that the ambassador in connection with the parliamentary investigation over the possible existence of CIA secret prison in Lithuania, said Irena Degutene, the chairperson of Lithuanian parliament in her interview to Ziniu Radijas.