- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. Congress scared with Russia’s plans to buy helicopter-carrier2009-12-18 17:11
U.S. Congress called in NATO and the EU member countries not to sell Russia big armament systems - the Izvestia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The statement is expressed in the special resolution, initiated by Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [Republican].
The appearance of the resolution is directly connected with the plans of the Ministry of Defense of Russia to buy military helicopter carrier Mistral from France.
Georgia is also worried about that plan. Previously the Foreign Ministry of Georgia spread the statement. "It is noteworthy that the Russian side makes no secret of its militarist designs saying that it is getting prepared for military assault operations similar to the aggression carried out against Georgia in August 2008," the Ministry said.