- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament confirmed new members of the Public Broadcaster Board of Trustees2009-12-18 18:09
At today's plenary sitting the Parliament of Georgia confirmed seven new members of the Board of Trustees of the Public Broadcaster of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The new seven members are: Georgi Nasaridze, Nodar Sarjveladze, Avtandil Antidze, Emzar Goguadze, Nino Danelia, Lia Chakhunishvili and Shorena Shaverdashvili.
Three people applied to each vacancy.
The process was questioned as they didn't came to the Parliament. The Speaker expressed discontent over the fact and urged to ensure the presence of candidates; upon his demand the consideration was postponed.
Later, when the question was under discussion, Levan Vepkhvadze, the Christian Democrats fraction member said he couldn't understand on what principle these candidates were selected and why were they divided into three per each place.
Despite discords and remarks, MPs selected seven candidates and confirmed them.