- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The memorial in Kutaisi was exploded2009-12-21 10:33
The Glory Memorial in Kutaisi was blasted, and killed 2 persons, Georgian mass media report. The demolition works were conducted by a private company - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to unverified sources, the blast occurred because of safety rules violation. Opposition stated that one of the killed is a 10-year old child.
The Glory Memorial was a monument to the victory over fascism, work of sculptor Merab Berdzenishvili.
The monument was eliminated to start construction of the new building of the Parliament as in several years the legislative body will move to the city.