- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian soldier requests political asylum in Georgia2009-12-21 16:52
Vitaliy Khripulin, the private of the Armed Forces of Russia, requests political asylum in Georgia. The soldier voluntarily left his unit, located in Perevi [Sachkheri region, Georgia] - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Currently Khripulin is in the Ministry for Refugees and Resettlement of Georgia, talking to the Minister, Koba Subeliani.
In January the Interior Ministry spread videos witnessing the narration of Alexander Glukhov, the Russian sergeant, who left his military unit due to hard living conditions and conflict with commandment, yielded to Georgian police and requested political asylum from President Mikheil Saakashvili.
In July Dmitry Artemiyev, another Russiam serviceman, left his military unit in Perevi with a submachine gun and 180 bullets, turned for help to the Georgian side. On the request of the UN office the Ministry of Refugees and Resettlement granted him the category of refugee status requester.