- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Putin: Glory Memorial to be reconstructed in Moscow2009-12-22 15:59
The monument to people killed in the Great Patriotic War, blasted on December 19th, will be reconstructed in Moscow, announce Russian PM Vladimir Putin.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He called the demolition "another attempt to erase the memory of ex-USSR peoples about their common past," he said - Interfax.
Mikheil Khubutia, the President of the Union of Georgians in Moscow, yesterday also expressed the idea to reconstruct the Memorial.
"Many warriors from Georgia were killed in that war, and we cannot allow the remaking of history and elimination of the memorial in honour of the Great Patriotic War. We are currently making a decision where to reconstruct the monument - in Moscow or its nearest suburbs".
On December 19th the Memorial was blasted by Sakpetkmrtsevi [Gruzvryvprom] commercial company, on the request of Kutaisi Mayor's Office. The debris fell in the yard of one house, killed a child and her mother, wounded several people.
Several buildings of the car plant settlement suffered.
The blast was planned on December 21st, in the birthday of President Mikheil Saakashvili, but when the fact became widely known, local services decided to blast it earlier. In the light of the accident the President returned earlier from Copenhagen.
The technical director of Sakpetkmrtsevi detained, charged of violation of safety rules, punishment implies from 2 to 5.
The deputy Prosecutor said intensive investigation is being conducted, heads of Tbilisi and Kutaisi departments of Sakpetkmrtsevi
Yesterday a protest action against the demolition of the Memorial in Kutaisi was held, over 2000 people participated.