- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Replica of Glory Memorial installed near Georgian embassy in Kyiv2009-12-23 18:26
Activists of the Union of Ukraine's Regions Youth installed a replica of the Glory Memorial blasted on December 19th in Kutaisi, RIA Novosti reports citing to the Union's site.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The activists protested with "demand to stop attempt to revive fascist ideas, destruction of monuments to the people killed in the Great Patriotic War, and re-writing history," ht message of the organisation says.
Passers-by were proposed to sign address to the President of Georgia. People could also express their point of view.
"Blasting the monuments to fighters against fascism, the authorities of Georgia try to ruin the memory about heroic past of our fathers, and oppose the whole civilized world that condemned fascism," the movement leader Andrey Pinchuk said.
On December 19th the Memorial was blasted by Sakpetkmrtsevi [Gruzvryvprom] commercial company, on the request of Kutaisi Mayor's Office. The debris fell in the yard of one house, killed a child and her mother, wounded several people.
The new building of the Parliament will be built at that place in Kutaisi.
Russian Foreign Ministry called the blast of the monument a blasphemy and act of state vandalism. Putin proposed to reconstruct the monument in Moscow, Luzhkov said the replica of the Memorial will be placed on Poklonnaya Hill, perhaps, with participation of the monument's author.