- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili considers Georgia the world leader in beating corruption2009-12-24 10:36
Georgia became the leading country in struggling corruption, said Mikheil Saakashvili in his interview with Echo of Moscow [Ekho Moskvy] radio station.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We are the top country in the Eastern Europe in business climate terms -according to the World Bank. We are the first fighter against corruption in global scale - according to Transparency International, top reformers in Europe over the 5-year period," the Georgian leader said.
He added that according to the EBRD, Georgia is "one of the three least corrupted countries in Europe".
Saakashvili mentioned that the economy of Georgia suffered the least damages from crisis among non-oil-producing countries.
"Thrice as less than in Russia, many times as less than many countries of Eastern Europe and Ukraine, and that's despite war plus crisis," Saakashvili added.
In his view, "at the cost of own sore points lead road to very many, showed the way and the other view of at least neighboring world."