- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
State Minister voiced to MPs the strategy in regard to Abkhazia and South Ossetia2009-12-24 15:39
Temur Iakobashvili,the State Minister for Reintegration of Georgia today acquainted MPs with the new strategy in regard to Abkhazia and South Ossetia, developed by the inter-agency group.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He presented it at the joint meeting of the parliamentary commission on reintegration; committee on foreign relations and relations with compatriots abroad.
Iakobashvili mentioned the document considers the remarks uttered by partner countries and international organisations, representatives of various political parties.
According to the State Minister, the aim of the strategy is restoration and deepening of relations of population of Abkhazia and South Ossetia with Georgian residents.
"The government of Georgia spares no effort to male available for them [residents of Abkhazia and South Ossetia] all the opportunities and privileges the continuous reforms and progress, as well as integration in the EU, European and Atlantic structures, brings," Iakobashvili said.
He said the necessity to work out the new strategy appeared after August 2008, when everyone realized the conflicts in Abkhazia and South Ossetia are conflicts between Georgia and Russia.
The work on the main aspects of the strategy will be finished in early 2010, detailed plan of implementation will be ready on June 31st 2010.