- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Refugees to return to Abkhazia after settlement of legal issues – Lavrov2009-12-24 17:01
Georgian refugees will be able to return to Abkhazia only when legal basis for their return is settled, stated Sergey Lavrov, the Foreign Minister of Russia - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"This issue is mentioned in Medvedev-Sarkozy plan,- he noted. - It's written in the document that beside priority issues of security, issues of refugees are agreed to be discussed in Geneva, in accordance with international norms and practice of post-conflict settlement".
Lavrov's Abkhazian counterpart Shamba underlined that since Georgia's quitting the Moscow Agreement, Abkhazia has no obligations to return refugees to own territory.
"When Abkhazia unilaterally started returning people, Georgian authorities overtly said they aren't interested in it till Georgia's jurisdiction over the republic is established," he said.