- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU allocated another tranche for Georgia2009-12-24 17:29
On Wednesday the EU allocated another tranche for Georgia - EUR 4.5 mln.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The money will be spent on supremacy of law reinforcement and human rights protection in the country.
This year it has been the second tranche allocated for criminal law system reform in Georgia - Novosti-Gruzia.
In the course of the program the European Commission allocated EUR 15 mln, 5 mln out of them were granted to Georgia this spring.
The aim of the project is restoration of effective, responsible and transparent coordination between corresponding institutions. The project focuses in treating underaged in accordance with the UN standards.
Among one of the main directions of the project is the reform of penitentiary and probation system, improvement of primary medical aid, reinforcement of Public Defender's office and implementation of the UN convention additional act against tortures.