- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Patriarchy spread a statement concerning anti-church campaign2009-12-25 11:05
Two days ago the sitting of Holy Synod was held, the Patriarchy of Georgia spread a statement, including comments on the anti-church campaign.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Patriarchy, the forces doing it "call the people to pseudoliberalisation, pseudoculture and destruction of church indifferentism, and to achieve their aims Эuse all kinds of lies and insults to destroy people's love and trust to church".
The patriarchy believes in that way these forces push the main base of people.
The topic was also discussed at the Holy Synod sitting, then the Catholicos Patriarch and Synod members addressed the people and said that owing to the Lord the Holy Synod had been serving God, the Motherland and the people for years.
The Patriarchy reminded the establishment of church had always favored the revival and progress of the state.
"The Holy Synod believes the anti-church campaign in the first line hurts the state, as it's the attempt to split the society, and if the processes continue in the same way, we will have to make due steps to protect our church and the people's honour", the statement says.