- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition to hold preliminary elections no later than on March 28th2009-12-25 14:16
Preliminary inter-party elections of the one candidate to represent opposition at the direct elections of Tbilisi Mayor will be held no later than on March 28th, announced at today's press conference leaders of the Conservative Party, the People's party, and For Just Georgia movement.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We state that it's necessary to ask people without any preparation, who they'd like to be a Tbilisi Mayor candidate. And the pro-opposition candidate who wins most votes, will be the one candidate at the elections", Zviad Dzidziguri said.
The winner must gain at least 50 per cent plus one vote.
Leaders of the three pro-opposition parties called on all opposition forces to join the initiative and present own candidates.
He added al the parties willing must present their candidates to end January.
Noghaideli mentioned he had no intention to be a Tbilisi Mayor candidate, but his party supports the idea and will coordinate the process of elections.