- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ministry of Finance to continue emission of treasury bills2009-12-25 15:43
Georgian Ministry of Finance will continue treasury bills emission next year, said Kakha Sekhniashvili, the head of treasury service of the Ministry of Finance, at today's briefing.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He said next year both volumes and terms of bills will be increased, and alongside with 6-and 12-month bills there will be 2-year ones.
The Ministry resumed the emission on August 5th 2009, issued treasury bills at the sum of GEL 270 mln [appr. USD 161 mln]: 6-month bills at the sum of GEL 190 mln, 12-month ones at the sum of GEL 80 mln.
28 auctions were held in the National Bank, the average interest rate for 6-month bills amounted 5.43 per cent; for 12-month bills - 7.96 per cent.
86 per cent of all treasury bills were purchased by 3 business banks - the Bank of Georgia, TBC, and the Republika bank.