- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian State Duma called on West to condemn blasting the Memorial in Kutaisi2009-12-25 16:43
State Duma [lower chamber of Russian parliament] made s statement in connection with blasting the Memorial in Kutaisi. MPs called on foreign parliamentarians and international organisations to condemn actions of the Georgian authorities, who ordered - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Tbilisi attempted to unleash war against the Georgian people and our common history. The decision to blast the monument was caused by the aspiration of Georgian government to destroy one of the symbols, uniting Russians and Georgians, all the peoples, who fought against the fascist plague."
According to MPs, Tbilisi regime, overtly stating its adherence to European values, with these acts puts itself outside European civilization, roughly and cynically defying memory on the feat of own people."
On December 19th the Memorial was blasted by Sakpetkmrtsevi [Gruzvryvprom] commercial company, on the request of Kutaisi Mayor's Office. The debris fell in the yard of one house, killed a child and her mother, wounded several people.
The new building of the Parliament will be built at that place in Kutaisi.
Russian Foreign Ministry called the blast of the monument a blasphemy and act of state vandalism. Putin proposed to reconstruct the monument in Moscow, Luzhkov said the replica of the Memorial will be placed on Poklonnaya Hill, perhaps, with participation of the monument's author.