- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
National Bank of Georgia predicts GDP growth2009-12-25 17:45
At the sitting of the Committee of the Monetary Policy of Georgia prognosis was made that next year the growth of GDP will amount 2 per cent - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The prognosis was made by the National Bank of Georgia. The next Committee sitting will be held on January 20th 2010.
Previously Nika Gilauri, the PM, reported the annual economic growth amounted minus 5.5 per cent. He assessed the index as not bad. The recession amounted -5.9 per cent in the first quarter; -10 per cent in the second, -1.3 in the third.
He added that in November in December the growth of credit portfolio of the banking sector was detected for the first time over the year.
"It means the banking sector is getting active, and credits are getting more available. It will favor economic activity," the PM said.