- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament of Georgia to discuss changes in the Electoral Code2009-12-28 15:13
In the course of today's extraordinary sitting Georgian MPs must adopt changes in the Electoral Code of the country - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We must eradicate the problem once and for good: the one of Georgian authorities' bringing population from regions to the capital, registering them in Tbilisi, and in this way preparing for the elections," said Georgi Akhvlediani, one of the Christian Democrats leaders said.
Before voting MPs of parliamentary majourity and opposition representatives are expected to discuss mechanisms of requalification of electors' lists.
Previously the Vice Speaker Vepkhvadze [opposition] expressed anxiety over possible manipulating of electors' lists at the local elections to be held on May 2010.
Basing on the messages in mass media, at the parliamentary sitting Vepkhvadze said that mass registration of regions' residents in Tbilisi is conducted to ensure support of the ruling party at the elections.