- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Putin: sculptors themselves must decide who will reconstruct the Memorial2009-12-29 10:55
Creative community must decide who will restore the Glory Memorial, destroyed on December 19th in Kutaisi, Vladimir Putin believes - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Previously Georgia Times reported the Memorial was blasted by Sakpetkmretsvi company, two people [mother and her daughter] were killed with debris, several people wounded. The monument was blasted to free space for the new building of the Parliament of Georgia.
The Foreign Ministry of Russia called the balsting of the monument to WW II warriors a blasphemy and act of state vandalism, Russian PM Putin proposed to restore it in Moscow, Mayor of Moscow Luzhkov said the monument can e placed in Poklonnaya Hill, with participation of the Memorial creator.
Yesterday Putin said that either the author of the monument or creative team in Moscow can handle the task.
"As for Zurab Tsereteli, he's capable of establishing contacts both in his motherland [Georgia] and within the country [Russia], can participate somehow," Putin.