- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Somalian pirates demand ransom for hostages2009-12-30 14:27
Somalian pirates, who captured St.James Park tanker, carrying chemical matters, demand a ransom for hostages.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The exact sum of the ransom isn't named - GHN.
One of the hostages is a Georgian citizen, named Georgi Shukakidze. His relatives said they had no information about him at that moment.
The foreign Ministry of Georgia is clarifying his fate.
According to Andrew Mvangura, the head of the program to support sailors in East Africa, the crew of the tanker is multinational: citizens of Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Romania, the Philippines, Poland, India, and Turkey. 26 people are aboard the ship.
The vessel sent the distress alert from the Gulf of Aden.