- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alliance for Georgia refused to participate in primaries2009-12-30 15:00
The pro-opposition Alliance for Georgia refused to participate in primaries, proposed by some opposition forces to present one opposition candidate at the coming elections of Tbilisi Mayor - Georgia Times reporter.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to their statement, in present-day conditions it can lead to confrontation between opposition parties.
The Alliance leaders call on ther forces to agree and support one strong candidate, and they mean Irakli Alasania, who the Alliance for Georgia intends to present as Tbilisi Mayor candidate.
The Movement for Just Georgia, the People's Party, and the Conservative Party conduct consultations with other opposition forces and propose primaries to let opposition be repressed by one candidate.
Yesterday their idea was supported by Levan Gachechiladze's Protect Georgia party. Radical opposition: Eka Beselia, Nino Burjanadze and Shalva Natelashvili even refuse to participate in the May 2010 elections.