- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi city court acquitted Koba Kobaladze2010-01-11 12:48
Today Tbilisi city court acquitted General Koba Kobaladze, on of the accused over the Mukhrovani mutiny case - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The court refused to sentence him to 13.5 years of imprisonment and set him free.
Previously Gela Nikolaishvili, his attorney, said the investigation had no evidence or proof of Kobaladze's guilt.
Yet the rest of the accused were sentenced: Koba Otanadze - to 29 years in prison, Levan Amiridze - to 28 years, Shota Gorgashvili - 19 years, all the rest - 11 years.
Previously Georgia Times reported that on May 5th the commandment of the tank battalion in Mukhrovani declared disobedience to the authorities. The negotiations [with participation of President Saakashvili] lasted for over 4 hours, the military laid down weapons. According to the official data, 33 people were arrested over the case, one killed in special operation. 12 of the arrested were civilians, 20 - military. Subsequently the number of accused grew to 41. Most part suspects, high-ranking military among them, were detained on May 5th .
The same day General Mayor Koba Kobaladze, the ex-commander of the National Guard, and Giya Gvaladze, the ex-commander of Delta special squad, were arresrted. On May 20th ,in result of special operation - officers Koba Otanadze and Levan Amiridze, both seriously wounded, Colonel Giya Krialashvili killed. The Interior Ministry spread materials their guilt of armed mutiny organisation and purchase of weapons in Russia for that aim.