- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Political scientist: McCain’s visit showed the essence of Georgian government2010-01-11 17:29
According to Inal Pliyev, an independent South Ossetian expert, the visit of John McCain to Georgia "again showed the true essence of Georgian government" - Res.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Just a few days ago McCain campaigned for continuation of bombing Pakistan with unmanned aircrafts. These bombings are conducted under pretence of "struggle with terrorism", - Pliyev said. - McCain is one of the active champions of this man-hating policy, so, the fascist regime of Georgia has proper friends."
Today the President of Georgia awarded McCain the order of the National Hero of Georgia.
In his speech before awarding Saakashvili reminded episodes proving McCain's heroism.
He said that once in Washington a taxi driver told him about John McCain's feat in Vietnam: the man was tortured but didn't betray the positions of American forces.
Saakashvili highlighted McCain's heroic actions in favour of both the USA and Georgia. He reminded that in the days of August war the McCain and his spouse put aside their electoral campaign and arrived in Tbilisi. According to the Georgian leader, McCain protected Georgia at all channels.