- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia lost natural gas leadership to the USA2010-01-12 11:00
Last year Russia lost world leadership in gas production. Gas production dropped by more than 12 per cent; the USA became the leader in production - Lenta.ru.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to official data, last year Russia produced 582.353 billion cubic meters of natural gas, whereas the USA - 620.2 billion cubic metres.
The drop in production has already influences gas companies. Gazprom plans to increase its presence at the market of liquefied gas and start projects in Yamal, Far East, and Barents Sea.
Russia possess the largest gas deposits in the world; the USA - the 5th largest.