- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President’s press speaker explained why Saakashvili selected Tarkhnishvili2010-01-13 14:56
Manana Manjgaladze, the press speaker of Georgian leader, explained why Mikheil Saakashvili named the present-day Central Electoral Commission head Levan Tarkhnishvili among other candidates for this post - GeorgiaTimes correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the spokesperson, the President's decision was driven by several criteria. First of all, Tarkhnishvili, as well as other candidates, was selected by the Liberty Institute [NGO in Georgia].
He was selected for his being a professional, for creating a strong team and ensuring normal work of CEC.
Besides, this candidate is dissociated from political activities and is an unprejudiced candidate, Manana Manjgaladze said.
She added the President asked to adjourn the elections of CEC head to let opposition members of the Commission have enough time for consultations and making decision.