- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Unprecedented security measures in Georgian schools2010-01-14 18:08
Unprecedented security measures are taken in Georgian schools due to deterioration of crime situation - the VZGLYAD.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In recent days local TV companies showed reportages about violent fights of students, even girls, right in school. Mostly these videos were shot by cell phones.
There's no static data, but the society is worried.
The measures include prohibition of visiting schools by students who have cash. Instead they will be given special credit cards to let them buy food and other necessary things inside school..
Dimitri Shashkin, the Minister of Education, yesterday said to Imedi TV channel that a special institution to supervise students will be established. It will include mandaturebi, specially trained security employees.
Mandaturebi has been working in the Parliament of Georgia for years, preventing fights between MPs.
It's also possible that division basing on age principle will be introduced: students of 1st-6th ; 7th-9th; and 10-12th forms will study in different buildings.