- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Participants of Batumi energy conference supported White Stream2010-01-15 10:34
Participants of international conference in Batumi, devoted to development of Southern energy corridor, adopted a joint statement.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It says the White Stream pipeline for supplies of Middle Asian gas to Europe is a priority in frameworks of Caspian-BlackSea-baltic energy transit space.
Euro-Asian Oil Transportation Corridor was called the second priority project - Novosti-Gruzia.
Participants of the conference were high-ranking officials from Georgia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Romania, Lithuania, Ukraine, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Belarus and the EU.
Georgian delegation was headed by the PM Nika Gilauri, who in his speech mentioned the necessity to diversify sources and routes of energy resources to improve energy security of the region.
He also stated the inadmissibility of using energy resources for political pressure.
In the course of the conference bilateral meetings of Gilauri with leaders of Azerbaijanian, Bulgarian and Romanian delegation. The main topics of discussion were issues of transporting natural gas via territory of Georgia, special attention was paid to project of supplying liquefied natural gas and compressed natural gas via Georgian ports to Europe.