- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament of Georgia confirmed new CEC members2010-01-15 18:07
Georgian MPs at today's extraordinary sitting elected new members of Central Electoral Commission.gt-en-newsitem-inside
6 candidates for 3 places were introduced. The Parliament confirmed Tamaz Sharmanashvili [102 votes], Gizo Mchedlidze [100 votes], Konstantin Kirvalidze [92 votes] - Novosti-Gruzia.
Out of 13 CEC members,elected for 5 years, 3 had their term expired. Gizo mchedlidze was re-elected.
Earlier today, at the plenary sitting the Parliament of Georgia elected the new chairman of the Central Electoral Commission. They elected Zurab Kharatishvili, the Public Broadcaster Board of Trustees member and ex-employee of CEC. 98 MPs voted for him.
Levan Tarkhnishvili, the ex-CEC chairman, refused to participate before polling and said he wouldn't be a candidate in the situation when opposition constantly accuses him.
Otar Sichinava, the Constitutional Court representative, was the other remaining candidate, but won only 19 votes.
Most part of parliamentary opposition didn't vote for anyone.