- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
ADB to invest over USD 1 bn in Georgia2010-01-18 12:22
Asian Development Bank plans to invest over USD 1bn in Georgian economy in 2010-2011, said at Sunday's briefing Kakha Baindurashvili, the Minister of Finance of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Minister drew conclusions of his visit to the Impact of the Global Economic and Financial Crisis forum in Philippines.
According to the Minister, at this forum and in the course of meetings in Manila ADB leaders made decision on allocating over USD 1 bn to Georgia.
USD 500 mln are aimed for rehabilitation of highways projects; 400 mln - for water pipeline rehabilitation projects; about 120 mln will be spent on urban development projects. Besides, the ADB expressed intention to invest in private banking sector, Baindurashvili said, but never mentioned the volume.
The forum was held in Manila on January 14th-15th , the Minister was participating as a bank manager from the Georgian side.